What is a monologue in literature?This is quite an important writer technique that allows you to clear accents, expressed our position to demonstrate conviction.Many writers use the monologue in his works to express their most cherished ideas, putting them into the mouth of a hero.
difference monologue from dialogue
If people communicate together - it is a dialogue.If a man says to himself - a monologue.So you can briefly describe the difference between dialogue and monologue.
But if you approach the issue academically, trying to understand what a monologue in the literature, this theme requires a more objective study.Monologue - a certain way of constructing artistic speech.It is usually the form of reflection, evaluation of certain actions or human appeal to a particular action.The reader may agree or domestic disputes with the main character, but the text is not opposing.
Dialogue is in a literary work involves a dispute or discussion, the sides can both complement each other with their remar
General laws monologue
This stylistic device used by the authors for a long time.If you examine what monologue in literature, and analyze a variety of works, then you come to the conclusion that with all the diversity of approaches have common patterns.
From whatever artistic works we take a monologue text it will always comply with certain rules:
- This question speaks of a man who does not wait for an answer and is not intended objections revisions or additions.In fact it is an internal manifest protagonist.
- always a monologue directed at the alleged conversation.Hero mentally refers either to a single person or a group of persons, or else all mankind.
- This is not the way of communication, but rather a verbal expression.Hero pronouncing monologue is not intended to communicate.Its main task - to make a sore and express themselves.
- There are features in terms of style, it is a monologue.In the literature it is a single utterance both in its structure and in meaning.If the dialog consists of the replica, then compose a monologue that he has turned out beautiful and proper, only from a single coherent text.
own experiences and the general idea
monologue used to build a variety of literary devices.List them wide enough, but, as a rule, it is the first person that has a semantic completeness.
in Griboyedov comedy "Woe from Wit" the main character - Chatsky - often resorting to monologues:
obrazumlyus ... Not guilty,
And listen, do not understand,
As if still want me to explain.
perplexed thoughts ... something forward.
This is the beginning of the monologue, which from the first row describes the general mood of the hero - confusion, bewilderment, trying to find the truth.Then the hero talks about human feelings, talking about their own deception and delusion, and finally coming to the realization that you need to escape from this society:
Away from Moscow!here I am no longer the rider.
Run, do not look back, I'm going to look around the world,
Where there is a feeling offended corner!-
carriage me coach!
This monologue concluded not only personal experiences.The author managed to create a monologue so that he put into the mouth of the protagonist the basic idea of the work.
author is always trying to monologue, the test is very important for the understanding of the works has been entered organically and justified.Well, would not he just for no reason at all to declare some values or ideas.Therefore, the approach to the construction of the monologue is very serious.There are certain literary devices, the list of which is known even novice writers:
- presence of pronouns, and verbs appeals 2nd person.Heroes often mentally refer to his imaginary interlocutor, sometimes "you", sometimes by name.
- Depending on the purpose of his speech monologue stand types.This could be the story of any event, confession, reasoning samoharakteristika and so on.
- Authors often use conversational style, apply a colored expressive vocabulary, and sometimes even lead internal dialogue with prospective interlocutor.
monologue whose definition can be expressed briefly as a detailed statement of one person can be also internal.This technique first began to actively use such writers as Marcel Proust and James Joyce.
inner monologue in literature to even call the stream of consciousness.It was first applied in 1913, Proust's novel "Towards Swann."A more thorough internal monologues began using John. Joyce's novel "Ulysses", which was published in the American Journal of 23 rooms from 1918 to 1920.The stream of consciousness of the protagonist is built the same way as internal monologue with himself.Man dives into reality, and mixes it with their inner feelings.The inner monologue, as a rule, describes the processes of thinking, conveys the subtle movement of thoughts, feelings shows.Sometimes it is difficult to separate reality from fiction, the fantasy experience.
most famous monologue in world literature
Perfectly mastered the art of the monologue in his works, Anton Chekhov.In the play "The Seagull" says the heroine Masha touching monologue, the text of which is dedicated to the future husband.Conflict is that he loves her, and she him - no.
Another hero of this play, Constantine, thinking aloud how his relationship with his mother.This monologue is sad and gentle.
often used in his plays, monologues and William Shakespeare.In the play "The Tempest" Trinculo hero who has a great sense of humor, delivers a passionate appeal.He is trying to hide from the storm, with interleaves his speech so juicy details and amusing turns, the reader acutely aware of his aversion to reality.
monologues fit perfectly into his works Lermontov, Ostrovsky, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, Nabokov.Very often, the monologues of the main characters reflect the personal position of the author, so they are so valuable in the works.